A short post to complet Ashley Wylde’s gender tag. First, yes thats not a Youtube video mainly because I don’t like my voice/face but don’t care.
1. How do you self-identify your gender, and what does that definition mean to you?
I identity as agender trans woman those maybe be summarized as demi-girl. I’m no really attach to gender at all and feel much better without. I’m AMAB (Assign Male At Birth) but I feel a need to reach that from a girlish point of view.
2. What pronouns honor you?
Even if I’m mostly always perceived as man in every day life. I like She/her pronouns but I have more difficulties with They/them. In french where syntactical gender is sadly much more important, I’m using Ol a neutral pronoun (non commonly used) with gender neutral figures when possible and feminine ones otherwise.
3. Describe the style of clothing that you most often wear.
My clothing is a really work in progress area since I’m not out but in one word: Hoodies.
4. Talk about your choices with body hair. How do you style your hair? Do you have facial hair? What do you choose to shave, or choose not to shave?
I have let grow my hair since almost 2 years at start in depression but actually a real joy. Meanwhile, I experience important dysphoria about facial hair and shave them as much as possible.
5. Talk about cosmetics. Do you choose to wear makeup? Do you paint your nails? What types of soaps and perfumes do you use if any?
Like for clothing, I like nail paint even if I’m not showing that for now…
6. Have you experienced being misgendered? If so, how often?
I’m basicity always misgendered because even being pretty androgynous, everyone is trying to fit me in binary boxes which even more sadly often solve as male.
7. Do you experience dysphoria? How does that affect you?
I only recently experience dysphoria because of a long time of dissociation with my own body. I’m starting accepting my self and I’m trying to take dysphoria as an hard way to find what to change to be more me.
8. Talk about children. Are you interested in having children? Would you want to carry a child if that were an option for you? Do you want to be the primary caretaker for any children you may have?
I’m no interested in sex at first and thing than too much children are already there without no one to care about them. So if one day, I have children, it’s will probably be an adoption. But for now, I don’t seeing me handle a second human problems being even I love knowledge sharing.
9. Talk about money. Is it important to you to provide for a family financially if you choose to have one? Is it important to you that you earn more than any partner you may have? Do you prefer to pay for things like dates? Are you uncomfortable when others pay for you or offer to pay for you?
I’m pretty much anarchist. In this way, I’m trying to quickly get enough to survive before leaving professional area as long as possible. I don’t really care about who paid what but I don’t like having debt or other kinds of obligations even with friends.
10. Anything else you want to share about your experience with gender?
Life is data and potatoes. But gender is just a social construct so… don’t care.
– Denounce gender roles but respect gender identities –